SHEAR CONNECTOR (SHEAR STUD)
Shear connector on the top flanges of the steel girders provide the means to achieve composite action between the slab and the girders, thus increasing both stiffness and strength.
This article reviews the behavior of the connectors and the design rules for the shear connection in BS EN 1994-2.
- ISO 13918: 2008: 2008 Welding – Studs for arc stud welding, type SD1
- AWS D1.1: 2015 Structural Welding Code – Steel, type B
- AWS D1.5: 2002 Bridge Welding Code, type B
- AS/NZS 1552.2: 2003 Australian/New Zealand Standard – Structural Stud Welding
- BS 5400: 2005 Steel, Concrete and Composite Bridges
- GB/T 10433: 2002 Cheese Head Studs for Arc Stud Welding.
- JIS B 1198-1995 Headed Studs.