MF Fastener Industries LLC also fabricate Connector welding (Shear Connector) on all kind of steel beam, steel pipes, Steel Sheet and etc as per client requirement.
The purpose of the shear stud is to provide a structural connection between the poured in place concrete slab and the structural steel. So this structural connection distributes any shear forces that the structure may incur. Without the shear studs in place, there is a slip plane between the concrete slab, the metal deck and the structural steel framework of the project.
The structural engineer will determine, which beams will have the shear studs. So the size of the studs as well as the number of studs to be installed. But are specialized subcontractors that will install the shear studs. And test for the shear studs integrity is simply striking the side of the shear stud with an iron mallet. This will ensure that the stud has been properly welded to the beam, if not, the stud will simply break off at the point of intersection with the steel beam. The stud will have failed due to a shear force.
This article reviews the behavior of the connectors and the design rules for the shear connection in BS EN 1994-2.
- ISO 13918: 2008: 2008 Welding – Studs for arc stud welding, type SD1
- AWS D1.1: 2015 Structural Welding Code – Steel, type B
- AWS D1.5: 2002 Bridge Welding Code, type B
- AS/NZS 1552.2: 2003 Australian/New Zealand Standard – Structural Stud Welding
- BS 5400: 2005 Steel, Concrete and Composite Bridges
- GB/T 10433: 2002 Cheese Head Studs for Arc Stud Welding.
- JIS B 1198-1995 Headed Studs.
There are no reviews yet.