Structural steel fabrication is the process of cutting, bending, shaping, and assembling steel to create different products. Moreover Structural steel fabricators produce various steel sections and assemble them to create mega structures. For example like buildings, industrial equipment, tools, stairs etc.
- Generally Prepare your takeoff by grouping the steel by its grade.
- Furthermore Group your material per section or member type.
- Continue grouping by method of tied connection.
- Group structural steel by its location on the project.
- Indeed Maintain sequence of takeoff by columns and details.
Metal fabrication is the creation of metal structures by cutting, bending and assembling processes. It is a value-added process involving the creation of machines, parts, and structures from various raw materials.
IS:816 : 1969 – Code of Practice for use of Metal Arc Welding for General Construction in Mild Steel. IS:1161 : 1998 Specification For Steel Tubes for Structural Purposes. IS:5369 : 1975 – General Requirements for Plain Washers and Lock Washers. IS:5372 : 1975- Specification – Taper Washers for Channels.
- American Standard Beam (S-Shaped) Generally known as an S beam, the American standard beam has a rolled section with two parallel flanges, all connected by a web.
- Angle (L-Shaped).
- Bearing Pile (H-Shaped).
- Channel (C-Shaped).
- Hollow Steel Section (HSS).